Sunday, January 25, 2009

Random drug testing for students


The government will commence its random drug testing among high school and college students on February 2. I guess this action rooted on the issues of “Alabang Boys” (as how PDEA tagged this particular operation), last year’s case of a student caught selling drugs inside a renowned school and for sure on the fact that the issue on drugs is still unsolved and unfortunately even reached the schools, universities and bars in the metropolis.

As a mother to 2 kids, I feel positive about this random drug testing action by the government. Though my kids are still young, aged 8 and 4, I keep on educating them those realities about life aside from independence. At times when kids left home, I pray that they will return home safely and that nothing bad will happen to them while in school. Making friends is part of their school lives but to some kids this particular action is quite hard to deal with. At some point, kids tend to follow instructions from other kids even knowing that such thing is bad or may harm them.

This random drug testing issue is a big help to parents who are unable to know the happenings of their kids at school. The government and its agencies concerned on the other hand must protect the welfare of the kids in the performance of this testing like the issues of confidentiality, bribery, and other concerns to ensure the success of this action and for better chance of getting kids stay out of drugs.

Click here for more info.

5 COMMENTS:

Metz said...

Hi Crissy,

Zipping by to drop my cards and to say how grateful I am to have found you in the blogosphere. And hope that your weekend was great and that you weekdays start out well. :) stay healthy always and better yet happy :)

Crissy said...

@ ES:

You are one of the dearest friends I had in the blogosphere. I wish you success in all your "rakets", I mean endeavors.. LOL..

Metz said...

:) hehehe thanks so much Crissy :) but you have been the very first inspirational blogger for me :) it is from you that I learned a lot about blogging and I hope I get to be just as good as you someday :) anyways, I have become a very busy bee lately and I just wanted you to know that you are remembered and I try to make sure I come by as often as I can. At the same time I do hope your week is starting out well. Hope to get time to sit down and actually talk soon. Till then warm hugs. xoxo

Crissy said...

@ ES:

I want to (((cry)))! Touch ako friend. Enjoy the remaining days of the week and take care always!

Anonymous said...

Very agree!!!
Dropping here. Take Care!


Check Page Rank of any web site pages instantly:
This free page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online