Wednesday, January 21, 2009

2009 Sto. Niño Fiesta

Last January 18 was the feast of Sto. Niño in Manila. The family usually visits the relatives in time for the annual celebration. As usual, Tondo was filled with devotees and visitors to commemorate and renew their devotion to Sto. Niño.

Below are the pictures of the original Sto. Niño crowned and dressed with expensive diamonds. I don’t know the full story when the statue was stolen but you can trace it on the markings on her face. It said that the whole statue was cut into several pieces.


During the procession, I saw the incumbent Mayor of Manila, Mayor Alfredo Lim, while waiting for my sisters along the street. I noticed that he allowed taking pictures with him so I took mine.


On my next post, I will be sharing with you other photos during the fiesta so see you next time.

6 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday! Bloghoppin' here... Hey, I have an interesting tutorial for you that I have written myself. It is about adding Adsense on your Single Post in XML template. I hope you'll like it! God Bless you!

Anonymous said...

@ Hapi:

Thanks for the info. I will try to drop by.

Metz said...

Hi Crissy,

wow it looks like a lot of fun and getting to meet Mayor Lim must have been such an honor :) Hope your wed is doing great too :)

Crissy said...

@ Metz:

Yup! He is very down to earth and really a "man of action" when it comes to public service.

Mariuca said...

Crissy, thanks so much for voting for me. Have a good weekend! :):):)

Crissy said...

@ Mariuca:

No problem. Have a great weekend too! ;)


Check Page Rank of any web site pages instantly:
This free page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online