Thursday, August 21, 2008

Medicinal value of Oregano

Scientific Classification

Kingdom: Plantae
Division: Magnoliophyta
Class: Magnoliopsida
Order: Lamiales
Family: Lamiaceae
Genus: Origanum
Species: O. vulgare

Binomial name: Origanum vulgare

I usually use Oregano at times my kids have coughed. My daughter, the eldest, is used to it already while my boy is kind of annoyed in the taste but still I can manage to have him drink it.

Preparation is so simple. I just wash oregano leaves first then soak it in hot water. After 2 or 3 minutes I pick the leaves and extract the juice from it either by squeezing it or pounding it. When the oregano extract is ready, I usually give my kids few of sugar after drinking it to fight the after taste of oregano. I usually give my kids oregano extract 2 to 3 times a day for 3 days as my alternative medicine for cough. I found it effective and maybe you can try it in your kids.

You can read here for more information about Oregano.

1 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Wow this is truly helpful infor especially now that I am trying to start my herb garden;)

Thanks Crissy!


Check Page Rank of any web site pages instantly:
This free page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online