Thursday, July 16, 2015

Luzon July 16, 1990 earthquake



Monday, July 16, 1990, at around 4:26pm, the densely populated island of Luzon was shocked with a magnitude of 7.8 earthquake.

Looking back 25 years ago, I was a B.S. in Commerce freshman student of the University of Santo Tomas. I was in the 3rd floor of our building when the big quake took place. Blinds, chairs, tables and people were moving involuntarily. Classes were suspended and commuting was really terrible and walking was the best way to get home then.

It was in the news where I saw how devastating the July 16, 1990 earthquake was. Seeing those buildings crumpled, I can’t helped but thank God that it didn’t happened to the building where I was then because our school building was already old.

With the advisory of the PHIVOLCS about the coming of another big quake in Luzon, I just hope that people will really take seriously the necessary preparations needed to lessen the aftermath of the said “Big One.”

 

0 COMMENTS:


Check Page Rank of any web site pages instantly:
This free page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online