Sunday, July 3, 2011

Our Lady of Piat Festival

The FEAST OF OUR LADY OF PIAT is annually celebrated on the 2nd of July in Tuguegarao, Cagayan, to honor Cagayan's patroness. The highlight of the event is the procession featuring the image of the Virgin Mary, more popularly known in the province as Our Lady Piat.

Our Lady of Piat is known by several names. She was named "Queen of Heaven and Earth" on 20 June 1954 in a ceremony led by Papal Delegate Egidio Vagnozzi. She is also called "Yena Tam Ngamin" (Mother of us all) by the Ibanag and "Apo Baket" (Grand Matriarch) by the native Ilocanos of Piat, Cagayan.

1 COMMENTS:

famous celebrities said...

Fancy the content I have seen so far and I am your regular reader of your blog.

I am very much interested in adding http://housewifeatwork.blogspot.com in my blog http://famous-celebrities-in-the-world.blogspot.com

I am pleased to see my blog in your blog list.

I would like to know whether you are interested in adding my blog in your blog list.

Hope to see a positive reply.

Thanks for visiting my blog as well !

Waiting for your reply friend !!!!!


Check Page Rank of any web site pages instantly:
This free page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online